Staying healthy over the holidays
Itb s that time of year again! As the holiday season peaks itb s easy to get caught up in all of the excitement. These months of course are a time for celebration but most of us tend to over indulge. As fun as it is to over indulge at the time, at the end of the day we are suffering the consequences.
We want to enjoy this time of year, looking after your health during this time can greatly improve your experience and the memories you make. So here are some tips to help you stay happy and healthy this holiday season:
- Enjoy in moderation- Donb t deprive yourself! It will only lead to binging later down the track. Savour your festive treats mindfully.
- Have some healthy snacks handy. Theyb re great to have just before going to parties so you donb t fill up on too much of the bad stuff!
- Stay Hydrated!! Drink more water to help keep you refreshed and energized throughout the day.
- Take advantage of this seasons fruits! And try to eat more salads and cooling foods. Try swapping your traditional Christmas dinner to a nice cold Christmas lunch.
- Donb t forget to exercise. As daunting as that sounds we canb t forget that vital part of staying healthy. Start Early. Try opening the curtains and wake naturally with the sunlight. Sticking to your exercise routine will keep you energized and boost your energy for your busy days ahead.