What is a subluxation?
What is a subluxation?
Subluxations are spinal joints that are fixated, b locked upb , or not moving as they should. They alter the movement of the spine and may lead to irritation of the nerves and blood vessels branching out from the spinal cord. This interferes with the flow of nerve impulses and messages along the spine and nervous system, which may interfere with your bodyb s innate ability to function at 100%.
Subluxations may affect:
– Joints.B This may become apparent when you are unable to reach normal range of motion. An example of this is when you are unable to reverse the car due to inability of your neck to turn far enough.
– Nerves. Caused by stress or pressure on your nerves.
– Muscles. When your muscles are tight, weak, in spasm, overly sensitive or sore. Your posture can also be affected, causing an imbalance and therefore body fatigue and increased joint wear and tear.
– Tissue. Tender b trigger pointsb or sore areas within your tissues and muscles. Ligaments, cartilage, discs, tendons and internal organs may be also be affected and then lead to instability to the area and increase the risk of osteoarthritis and degeneration occurring.
What causes a subluxation?
1. Physical stress
Injuries, accidents, slips and falls, prolonged abnormal posture, repetitive movements, poor sleeping conditions and the birth process. The birth process can be one of the most traumatic events in our lives causing great stress and pressure to a young spine.
2. Mental and emotional stress
Upsets, work pressure, arguments, personal traumas. life or career changesb &
3. Chemical stress
Toxins, additives and chemicals used in food production, cigarette smoking, medications and other pollutants in our environment.
How can I tell if I have a subluxation?
You can have subluxations and not even know it, however they may be affecting your health. Subluxations may be present before any warning signs appear. The results of a thorough examination can show the location and severity of any subluxation you may have.
How can subluxations be corrected?
The primary form of care to reduce subluxations is a schedule of Chiropractic adjustments. By applying a specific and precise force, in the right direction and at the right time, over time, changes in the position and motion of spinal bones can be made.